Chinese smartphone giant Lenovo has officially launched its online only brand called ZUK in India. The Lenovo Zuk Z1 is the first smartphone in this series, which will be available in the country exclusively from Amazon India. The registrations will start today at 1 PM onwards, and the actual sale is scheduled for May 19th, 2 PM. The key selling point of Zuk Z1 would be its operating system since it’s running on popular Cyanogen OS. It further cleared the confusion regarding the YU and Cyanogen exclusive partnership. The Cyanogen OS is no longer the exclusive operating system for YU devices, which was the key reason to get banned from selling OnePlus One smartphones in India back in 2014.
The Lenovo under smartphone has packed serious specifications under the hood. It is rocking with 5.5-inch IPS LCD display at front with Full HD resolution. Under the hood, the device packs two years old Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 32-bit processor with Adreno 330 GPU, which is a little downside but when you consider the pricing of the device, it’s totally worth for your money, and the Snapdragon 801 is the most successful chip in entire Snapdragon lineup till date. The older but matured chipset paired with highly optimized Cyanogen OS to run the things super smooth.
Unfortunately, it’s running on Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box, but the company has promised to update it to Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The device features dual nano SIM, 64GB internal storage, a fingerprint sensor. Moreover, it packs beefier 4100 mAh battery with fast charging support, which should provide a solid screen on time between charges. Lenovo Zuk Z1 is going to be a serious competitor for OnePlus X, which also offers similar hardware but Zuk Z1 easily beat OnePlus X with its futureproof features like Fingerprint sensor, OIS-enabled camera, beefier battery, and bigger IPS display. Source
Lenovo ZUK Z1 Specifications:
- 5.5-inch IPS display with 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 100% NTSC color gamut, 450 nits of brightness
- 2.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 32-bit processor
- Adreno 330 GPU clocked at 578 MHz
- 3GB LPPDR3 RAM (1866 MHz)
- Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1.1, Upgradable to Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0.1
- Dual nano SIM, both SIM trays supports 4G but not at a time
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor, 5-element lens, OIS, 1.12um pixels, f/2.2 aperture.
- 8MP OmniVision OV8865 camera sensor
- 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal memory
- Fingerprint sensor (FPC 1155) with 360-degree readability
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual band), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 4100mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) non-removable lithium ion polymer battery
- Fast charging, charging time 2.5 hours.
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 175g
Stay tuned for more updates!
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)