LG has officially announced that the global rollout of its flagship ‘Modular Type’ G5 smartphone. The global mainstream market rollout of the G5 smartphone began today i.e on April 1st, 2016. The much awaiting smartphone has seen radical design shift over its predecessor and packed many improved features to compete with Samsung’s latest Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices. There are no confirmed pricing details available at this moment, but the unlocked LG G5 is listed on At&t website at $688 where the on-contract price starts at 22.97/mo, however, the pricings may vary by carrier.
In Canada, the LG G5 will be available from all the major Canadian carriers like Bell, Rogers and Telus as well as the regional carriers like MTS, SaskTel, Eastlink, Videotron and Wind Mobile. The Rogers subsidiary Fido will also be offering the G5. However, the color options of the device will vary based on the carrier. Furthermore, the retailers like BestBuy, The Source, Wireless Wave and Costco are also planning to sell the device through its physical and online stores.
The Rogers has gone ahead and announced that who pre-order G5 on typical 2-year contract, the carrier will be offering a free CAM Plus accessory that worth of $100 CAD. The pre-order dates on major carriers are yet to be revealed, but the Quebec-based VideoTron has confirmed that it will begin pre-orders on March 31st and offers a free CAM Plus accessory just like Rogers and Fido. As you already know, the G5 will be coming to India in Q2, 2016. Source
Product highlights of the LG G5 include:
- All metal aluminum body and Slide-out Battery to easily swap out a depleted battery or attach select LG Friends
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 capable (2.0 adapter included)
- Dual lens rear camera lets you choose between a standard or a 135-degree wide angle lens to capture more
- Always-on Display makes notifications just a glance away without waking the G5
- Excellent battery life, thanks to the Low Power Location Estimation technology, enhancing battery efficiency by as much as 41.9 percent
- aptX HD: 24-bit Hi-Fi Wireless Audio
- Expandable memory through microSD card slot (can support up to 2TB)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440/ 554ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM/ 32GB UFS ROM/ microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear: Standard 16MP, Wide 8MP/ Front: 8MP
- Battery: 2800mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 159g
- Network: LTE/ 3G/ 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac/ USB Type-C/ NFC/ Bluetooth 4.2
- Colors: Silver/ Titan/ Pink
Stay tuned for more updates!
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)