Following the launch of LG K4, K7, and K10, the South Korean smartphone maker LG is expanding the K-series with the launch of two new models today, the LG K8 and K5. There are hardly any surprises as key specs of both the smartphones had already revealed multiple times.
The new ‘K’ Series smartphones are designed to fulfill the multimedia needs of basic users. Nothing is extraordinary here in K8 except a new pebble design with woven back cover and 2.5D Arc Glass on top of the display. While the K5 offers a sleek metallic body for a premium feel.
The LG K8 features a 5-inch HD In-Cell Touch Display with 2.5D Arc glass, 1.3 GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor, 1.5GB (EU, NA)/1GB (LATAM) and 8GB of internal storage as well microSD card slot support up to 32GB. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and packs 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front shooter.
It has also packed 4G LTE connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, micro USB 2.0 and 2125mAh battery. The LG K8 will be available in White, Indigo and Gold color options.
LG K8 LTE Key Specifications Include:
- Display: 5-inch HD In-cell Touch
- Chipset: 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6735 Quad-Core
- Memory: 1.5GB (EU, NA)/ 1GB (LATAM)/ 8GB ROM/ microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Camera: Rear 8MP/ Front 5MP
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 2125mAh (removable)
- Dimensions: 146 x 71.5 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 156.9 grams
- Colors: Gold/ Indigo/ White
On the other hand, the LG K5 comes with lower specifications like 5-inch display with FWVGA (854 x 480) display, which is a very poor resolution for any smartphone segment. All the current generation’s super budget smartphones are packing at least 1280 x 720 display resolution. However, the smartphone doesn’t have a much loved 4G LTE connectivity onboard. We have to wait and see how LG is going to give the answer to this questions.
It is powered by 1.3GHz Quad-core chipset with 1GB of RAM, 8GB ROM with microSD card support and 5MP/2MP cameras to take care of basic photography needs. The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with customized LG UI on top with few software enhancements in camera department like Gesture shot and Flash for Selfie. The LG K5 packs 1900mAh battery, and it will be available in Gold, Silver, Titan color options.
LG K5 Key Specifications Include:
- Display: 5-inch FWVGA (854 x 480)
- Chipset: 1.3GHz Quad-Core
- Memory: 1GB RAM/ 8GB ROM/ microSD
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Camera: Rear 5MP/ Front 2MP
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 1900mAh (Removable)
- Dimensions: 145 x 71.6 x 8.9 mm
- Colors: Gold/ Silver/ Titan
So far, there’s no word on the pricing of the K8 and K5 smartphones, but the LG K8 will be available in regions including Asia, Africa, Middle East, CIS and Latin America. Meanwhile, the LG K5 will hit consumers in Europe, CIS and Latin America (model name Q6 in Mexico).
The raw specification sheet hints the budget price tag, but it might turn out hard for LG to sell these devices since the budget segment has already flooded with a lot of good smartphones from Chinese smartphone makers. Source
Stay tuned for more updates!
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)